Coding and Health Information Assistant
- Quality Assistant
- Job ID
- Full Time
Under the guidance of the Director of Coding/Clinical Documentation, the HH/Hospice Coding/Health Information Assistant supports the Coder QA Specialists and other members of the clinical team on overall quality and completeness of clinical documentation. The Assistant is responsible for assigning initial ICD 10 diagnoses codes to promote accuracy and completeness of the record for the field clinician. Final coding is the responsibility of the Coder QA Specialist. Assess health information record for completeness and compliance to assigned regulatory metrics. Monitors and participate in clinical record review process for quality metrics and billing.
- Associate's Degree in Medical coding or successful completion of a certification program
- ICD-10 Certification credentials (HCS-D, HCS-H, and/or HCS-O) required.
- Maintenance of certification credentials is required.
- Experience in home health and hospice coding highly preferred.
- Good command of concepts of human anatomy, physiology and pathology.
- Comfort with presenting information in small groups.
- Knowledge of health records, computerized billing and charging systems, Microsoft applications, data integrity, and processing techniques required.
- Maintains professional skills and knowledge of coding through attendance at in-service programs, conferences, workshops and other educational programs and by review of current literature. Shares knowledge and learning experiences to staff.Abides by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and adheres to official coding guidelines.
Hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with some flexibility based on position. There may be some weekend rotation required.