Hospital Care Transition Liaison Nurse
- Job ID
- Full Time
Are you looking for an interesting and dynamic position in the growing field of home health care?
Home Health Foundation's Hospital Liaison Nurse is responsible for gernerating home health referrals in designated territory/facility while serving as liaison between the agency, hospitals, nursing homes, physicians, patients and families, and community organizations. The Hospital Liaison Nurse works to thoroughly identify the needs of referral sources, demonstrating a clear understanding of how referral sources make decisions and identifying decision-makers. Collaborating in a cross functional environment, assists with programs and protocols that provide for the delivery of improved home health care services, including performing complete and thorough pre-intake screens as appropriate.
As a key member of the health care team, the Hospital Liaison must interact courteously and effectively with patients and their families, as well as with co-workers from all Agency departments, community resources, and with patients' physicians. The Hospital Liaison carries out their responsibilities consistent with Agency policies, mission, and vision.
- Informs physicians, hospital personnel, patients, families, and other interested groups about available services.
- Collaborates with physicians, case managers and managed care case managers.
- Determines appropriateness for home care.
- Provides information about specific Agency programs and services.
- Assists physicians, hospital personnel, patients and families in pre-discharge planning.
- Discusses home care options with the physicians, nurses, patients and families.
- Assists with the coordination and establishment of a transitional care plan for home care.
- Facilitates the provision of appropriate services; Infusion Therapy, etc.
- Active RN licensure Massachusetts
- Previous experience marketing to physicians, long-term care and assisted living facilities to develop effective relationships and referrals preferred.
- Demonstrates excellent communication, organization, problem solving skills and can prioritize many tasks effectively.
- A team player with decision-making, process management, planning, tracking follow-through and analytical abilities.
- Must have a current valid driver’s license and the ability to travel to key accounts within the agency’s service area
Hours 8:30am -5:00pm
Position at Tufts Medical Center, Boston- Hybrid work model of remote and in facility