LPN Intake Nurse
- Job ID
- Full Time
The Intake Nurse provides supervision and guidance to the Admission Team. Maintains and promotes optimal relationships with referral sources. Ensures that all referrals are handled efficiently and effectively. The Intake Nurse will provide professional and comprehensive nursing services to individuals, families and groups in the community.
- Ability to provide desk/phone coverage and respond to referrals and inquiries in an efficient manner.
- Assigns referrals to Admissions Nurse in an efficient manner.
- Responsible for obtaining history and physical for each referral.
- Works in a collaborative manner with external relations and VNA to increase referrals.
- Understands family dynamics and works effectively to allow visits within prescribed guidelines by admissions team.
- Active LPN licensure in Massachusetts and New Hampshire or willingness to obtain required.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant clinical experience; homecare case management experience desired.
- Ability to use statistics and PI tools.