Bereavement Counselor, Social Work
- Job ID
- Part Time
Home Health Foundation values our employee and patient experience above all else. We are proud of our longstanding history of employing exceptional people who deliver exceptional care through a range of medical professional, paraprofessional and administrative roles. Are you ready to make a difference, in your life and in your community? At HHF, we strongly believe that a workplace culture built on diverse ideas and backgrounds creates an inclusive environment that drives innovation. We are committed to building a talented and diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve each day and we encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups. Apply today to join our team of healthcare heroes!
Merrimack Valley Hospice, the leader in hospice care, provides comfort care and palliative services to patients facing life-limiting illnesses. Whether patients are at home, in a hospital, a long-term care facility, an assisted living facility, or in High Pointe House, our expert staff offer physical, spiritual and emotional care specific to those nearing the end-of-life. Bereavement support and counseling is also offered to families and loved ones.
Hospice care is provided by a multi-disciplinary team consisting of medical directors, nurses, therapists, counselors, chaplains, hospice aides, and volunteers. Together, they provide the highest quality care with compassion and commitment to patients and families.
****This position will offer bereavement services for the Greater Boston area. Including Revere, Malden, Saugus, Lynn, Stoneham, Reading, and North Reading****
- Provides assessment and delivery of appropriate and adequate bereavement services to families.
- Develops professional bereavement materials and programs for families, staff, and community.
- Seeks out opportunities to increase visibility of Bereavement Program in community.
- Remains current on bereavement standard of practice and research.
- Develops, and implements new programs to meet the bereavement needs of the community.
- Coordinates and provides support groups throughout the service area.
- Works with and trains staff and volunteers on grief and bereavement.
- Incorporates volunteers into Bereavement Program.
- LICSW, LMHC or LICSW within six months of hire date
- At least two years experience in working in children and adult bereavement.
- Knowledge of pathological, prolonged and unresolved grief actions.
- Ability to provide bereavement counseling for individuals and families.
Home Health Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and dedicated to the goal of building a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the patient population in which we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Home Health Foundation is especially interested in candidates who, through their service, training and experience, will contribute to the diversity and excellence of our health care community.