Hospital Liaison Nurse
- Job ID
- Full Time
Are you looking for an interesting and dynamic position in the growing field of home health care?
Home Health Foundation's Hospital Liaison Nurse is responsible for generating home health and hospice referrals in designated territory/facility while serving as liaison between the agency, hospitals, nursing homes, physicians, patients and families, and community organizations. The Hospital Liaison Nurse works to thoroughly identify the needs of referral sources, demonstrating a clear understanding of how referral sources make decisions and identifying decision-makers. Collaborating in a cross functional environment, assists with programs and protocols that provide for the effective transition of the patient and the delivery of improved home health and hospice care services, including performing complete and thorough pre-intake screens as appropriate.
- Informs physicians, hospital personnel, patients, families, and other interested groups about available services.
- Collaborates with physicians, case managers and managed care case managers.
- Determines appropriateness for home health services or hospice care
- Provides information about specific Agency programs and services.
- Assists physicians, hospital personnel, patients and families in pre-discharge planning.
- Discusses home health services or hospice options with the physicians, nurses, patients and families.
- Assists with the coordination and establishment of a transitional care plan for home health services and hospice.
- Facilitates the provision of appropriate services; Infusion Therapy, tele health, etc.
- Demonstrates a knowledge and understanding of what to report to the CEO or Chief Compliance Officer when concerns of corporate compliance arise.
- Ensures compliance within guidelines set forth by regulatory agencies (DPH, ERISA etc.) and demonstrates compliance with Home Health Foundation policies and procedures.
- Practices confidentiality principles set by the agency and federal HIPAA/HITECH guidelines.
- Participates in all mandatory inservices.
- Completes other duties as assigned
- Active RN licensure Massachusetts
- Previous experience marketing to physicians, long-term care and assisted living facilities to develop effective relationships and referrals preferred.
- Demonstrates excellent communication, organization, problem solving skills and can prioritize many tasks effectively.
- A team player with decision-making, process management, planning, tracking follow-through and analytical abilities.
- Knowledge of home health and hospice conditions of participation and eligibility criteria.
- Must have a current valid driver’s license and the ability to travel to key accounts within the agency’s service area
- Ability to read/write and communicate in English.