Home Health Coder, QA Specialist
- Quality Assurance
- Job ID
- Part Time
Competitive salary. Generous earned time. Rapid growth.
Are you a Clinician looking to work in the field of Coding?
Under the guidance of the Director of Coding/Clinical Documentation, the Home Health/Hospice Coder-QA Specialist provides guidance to other members of the clinical team on overall quality and completeness of clinical documentation. The Home Health Coder-QA Specialist is responsible for assigning ICD 10 diagnoses codes to ensure accuracy and completeness. Effectively collaborates from the back office and in the field with agency clinical leadership and clinicians to support accurate collection of patient assessment information for the Oasis. Promotes excellence in patient care by focusing on patient practice and accurate clinical Plan of Care/Order completion. Ensures accurate coding and Oasis scoring according to regulatory guidelines. Monitors and participates in clinical record review process for quality metrics and billing.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of formal education and experience.
- ICD-10 Certification in home care or hospice (HCS-D or HCS-H); or willingness to take Home Care Coding exam prior to hire or soon after hire could be considered.
- Active clinical license in nursing, physical or occupational therapy in any of the states in which HHF providers practice.
- Oasis certification required.
- At least two years of experience in home health and hospice coding required; experience in education/mentoring/training preferred.
- Good command of concepts of human anatomy, physiology and pathology.
- Good skill in providing hands-on education on Clinical Documentation for staff
- Knowledge of health records, computerized billing and charging systems, Microsoft applications, data integrity, and processing techniques required.
- Good organizational skills, including ability to multi-task, prioritize essential tasks, follow-through and meet timelines.
- Ability to work with accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to solve problems appropriately using job knowledge and current policies/procedures.
- Ability to work cooperatively with members of the healthcare delivery team and staff, ability to handle frequent interruptions, adapt to changes in workload, and work schedule and to respond quickly to urgent requests. Abides by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and adheres to official coding guidelines.
Home Health Foundation values our employee and patient experience above all else. We are proud of our longstanding history of employing exceptional people who deliver exceptional care through a range of medical professional, paraprofessional and administrative roles. Are you ready to make a difference, in your life and in your community? At HHF, we strongly believe that a workplace culture built on diverse ideas and backgrounds creates an inclusive environment that drives innovation. We are committed to building a talented and diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve each day and we encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups. Apply today to join our team of healthcare heroes!