Hospice Care Transition Nurse
- Hospice Care Transition Nurse
- Job ID
- Part Time
Home Health Foundation values our employee and patient experience above all else. We are proud of our longstanding history of employing exceptional people who deliver exceptional care through a range of medical professional, paraprofessional and administrative roles. Are you ready to make a difference, in your life and in your community? At HHF, we strongly believe that a workplace culture built on diverse ideas and backgrounds creates an inclusive environment that drives innovation. We are committed to building a talented and diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve each day and we encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups. Apply today to join our team of healthcare heroes!
A registered nurse who provides assistance to the hospice teams by gathering and entering all data for a hospice admit. Prioritizes admits for admission nurse and case managers. Maintains and promotes optimal relationships with referral sources. Ensures that all referrals are handled efficiently and effectively. Provides customer service to all referral sources and families interested in referring to Merrimack Valley Hospice. Serves as a resource to discuss regulations, determination of hospice eligibility, and appropriateness for hospice. Provides resource information if patient/client is not eligible or not appropriate for hospice. The Hospice Care Transition Nurse gathers necessary information and uses clinical expertise to manage timely and accurate referral processing and works closely with the clinical department to coordinate patient care.
Required Education and Experience
- Registered Nursing license in MA and NH
- Minimum 2 years of relevant clinical experience; homecare and hospice case management experience desired.
- Ability to use statistics and PI tools.
- Knowledge of current nursing standards of practice, home care, palliative and hospice regulations.
- Advanced planning, organizational, supervision, coordinating and marketing skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer relations skills.
- Ability and willingness to self-motivate, prioritize, and be willing to change processes to improve effectiveness efficiently. Adapts to changing patient and organizational priorities.
- Effective oral and written skills.
- Computer literacy skills including but not limited to data entry, retrieval, and report generation.
- Ability to work independently, while collaborating with other team members
- Ability to read/write and communicate in English.
Home Health Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and dedicated to the goal of building a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the patient population in which we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Home Health Foundation is especially interested in candidates who, through their service, training and experience, will contribute to the diversity and excellence of our health care community.