Hospice and Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner
- Nurse Practitioner
- Job ID
- Full Time
Home Health Foundation values our employee and patient experience above all else. We are proud of our longstanding history of employing exceptional people who deliver exceptional care through a range of medical professional, paraprofessional and administrative roles. Are you ready to make a difference, in your life and in your community? At HHF, we strongly believe that a workplace culture built on diverse ideas and backgrounds creates an inclusive environment that drives innovation. We are committed to building a talented and diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve each day and we encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups. Apply today to join our team of healthcare heroes!
The Palliative Care Team includes physicians who are board certified in hospice and palliative care, nurse practitioners with extensive experience in pain and symptom management, and social workers who are knowledgeable about the physical, emotional and spiritual issues that often accompany a serious or life-limiting illness.
Responsibilities of the Nurse Practitioner include:
- Remains current on clinical standards of practice in hospice and palliative care; promotes evidence based practice.
- Provides medical expertise on pain and symptom management
- Provides discussions on goals of care with all patients
- Identifies/evaluates issues; reaches sound conclusions; generates alternatives; makes accurate and timely decisions.
- Maintains documentation of patient visits, and communicates recommendations to providers.
- Utilizes interpersonal skills to establish and maintain relationships within the medical community
- Demonstrates ability to work as a team player and function as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Extensive knowledge, experience and expertise in hospice and palliative care.
- Licensed as Nurse Practitioner in MA , ME and NH (or willingness to obtain).
- Interpersonal skills to establish and maintain relationships within the medical community.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player and function as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
Home Health Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and dedicated to the goal of building a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the patient population in which we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Home Health Foundation is especially interested in candidates who, through their service, training and experience, will contribute to the diversity and excellence of our health care community.