Health Information Specialist
- Medical Records
- Job ID
- Full Time
Home Health Foundation values our employee and patient experience above all else. We are proud of our longstanding history of employing exceptional people who deliver exceptional care through a range of medical professional, paraprofessional and administrative roles. Are you ready to make a difference, in your life and in your community? At HHF, we strongly believe that a workplace culture built on diverse ideas and backgrounds creates an inclusive environment that drives innovation. We are committed to building a talented and diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve each day and we encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups. Apply today to join our team of healthcare heroes!
Responsible to organize and manage health information/patient health record data. Ensures quality, accuracy, accessibility and security of both paper and electronic health record systems. Uses various classification systems to code, categorize, manage, audit and secure patient information to support reimbursement, manage databases/registries and to maintain patients’ medical and treatment histories. Provides day to day operational supervision of site based medical records clerks.
- Compile, process, archive and maintain patient health records in a manner consistent with medical, administrative, ethical, legal and regulatory requirements
- Protects the security of medical records to ensure that confidentiality is maintained in paper and electronic formats.
- Release information to persons or agencies according to regulations.
- Process, store and retrieve admission and discharge electronic health information according to policies.
- Participate in order distribution, tracking, assessing and archiving functions as requested.
- Assist in resolution or clarification of missing or unclear documentation by consulting with doctors, clinicians or others and/or by participating in team meetings.
- Process and prepare business or government forms as assigned.
- Assist in training other staff in medical record and documentation standards.
- Assists in ensuring correct key attributes (i.e. start of care dates, certification dates, recertification date spans, face to face encounter dates) and work lists are managed and addressed.
- Responsible for completion of audits and reporting related to health information and billing as assigned.
- Review and audit records for completeness, accuracy and compliance to regulations.
- Assure Agency compliance with all federal and state laws as well as adhering to Corporate Compliance policy in the prevention of fraud and abuse.
- Ability to read/write and communicate in English.
- Previous switchboard experience critical.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to function well in very busy situations.
- Responsible and reliable.
- Good organization skills.
Home Health Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and dedicated to the goal of building a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the patient population in which we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Home Health Foundation is especially interested in candidates who, through their service, training and experience, will contribute to the diversity and excellence of our health care community.