Physical Therapy Assistant, PTA
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Job ID
- Full Time
Home Health Foundation values our employee and patient experience above all else. We are proud of our longstanding history of employing exceptional people who deliver exceptional care through a range of medical professional, paraprofessional and administrative roles. Are you ready to make a difference, in your life and in your community? At HHF, we strongly believe that a workplace culture built on diverse ideas and backgrounds creates an inclusive environment that drives innovation. We are committed to building a talented and diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve each day and we encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups. Apply today to join our team of healthcare heroes!
Utilizing the rehabilitation process, the Physical Therapy Assistant performs services planned, delegated, and supervised by the Physical Therapist, to clients with various rehabilitative diagnoses within the home environment.
- Provides care and services that are planned, delegated and supervised by the Physical Therapist, in accordance with the plan of care.
- Documentation of services is in compliance with agency policies and professional standards.
- Visit notes are prepared for each visit
- Adheres to the agency policies and procedures as they relate to his/her duties.
- When directed, participates in in-service education, staff meetings, record review and in reviewing client/patient care policies.
- Exhibits good planning and organizing skills.
- Visits are planned within a reasonable time after receiving notification.
- Visits are planned and/or made at times beneficial to patient.
- Completes all required documents according to quality & industry standards in a timely manner.
- Maintains a safe, therapeutic environment for the patient.
- The qualified rehabilitation assistant participates in educating the patient and family per the care plan.
- Participates in assuring the coordination of services to patients.
- Participates in IDT meetings in care coordination.
- Changes in the patient’s condition are reported and reviewed with the registered therapist.
- Works effectively with patients, families, co-workers and other community agencies/resources.
- Maintains competency by participating in continuing education programs.
Required Education and Experience:
- Current Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) License in MA
- Minimum of one year of experience required. Two or three years of community health experience preferred.
- Must have a driver’s license, auto insurance, and current CPR certification.
- Current Immunizations per agency requirement (i.e., TB test, Hepatitis, etc.)
- Ability to read/write and communicate in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to function well in very busy situations.
Home Health Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and dedicated to the goal of building a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the patient population in which we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Home Health Foundation is especially interested in candidates who, through their service, training and experience, will contribute to the diversity and excellence of our health care community.