Hospice Liaison Nurse
- Job ID
- Full Time
Home Health Foundation's Hospice Liaison Nurse is responsible for generating hospice referrals in designated territory/facility while serving as liaison between the agency, hospital and greater Boston community. The Hospice Liaison Nurse works to thoroughly identify the needs of referral sources, demonstrating a clear understanding of how referral sources make decisions and identifying decision-makers. Collaborating in a cross functional environment, assists with programs and protocols that provide for the effective transition of the patient and the delivery of improved hospice care services, including performing complete and thorough pre-intake screens as appropriate.
- Informs physicians, hospital personnel, patients, families, and other interested groups about available services.
- Collaborates with physicians, case managers and managed care case managers.
- Determines appropriateness for hospice care
- Provides information about specific Agency programs and services.
- Assists physicians, hospital personnel, patients and families in pre-discharge planning.
- Discusses hospice options with the physicians, nurses, patients and families.
- Assists with the coordination and establishment of a transitional care plan for hospice.
- Demonstrates a knowledge and understanding of what to report to the CEO or Chief Compliance Officer when concerns of corporate compliance arise.
- Ensures compliance within guidelines set forth by regulatory agencies (DPH, ERISA etc.) and demonstrates compliance with Home Health Foundation policies and procedures.
- Practices confidentiality principles set by the agency and federal HIPAA/HITECH guidelines.
- Participates in all mandatory inservices.
- Completes other duties as assigned
- Active RN licensure Massachusetts
- Previous experience in Hospice Admissions and Referral Management preferred.
- Demonstrates excellent communication, organization, problem solving skills and can prioritize many tasks effectively.
- A team player with decision-making, process management, planning, tracking follow-through and analytical abilities.
- Knowledge of hospice conditions of participation and eligibility criteria.
- Must have a current valid driver’s license and the ability to travel to key accounts within the agency’s service area
- Ability to read/write and communicate in English.