Hospice Aide, Overnights
- Job ID
- Per Diem
A Hospice Aide is a trained paraprofessional who provides personal care and other incidental care to patients as instructed by and under the supervision of the professional clinician. Hospice Aides provide care to patients in a variety of settings, including patients under home health and hospice plans of care, residing in private homes, assisted livings, skilled nursing facilities and hospice inpatient facilities.
Required Education and Experience
- Certified CNA or HHA certificate with ability to pass written and demonstration competencies as required by regulations upon hire. Depending on the position, the aide may be required to pass additional competencies, including Dementia Care and Hospice Care. If assigned to New Hampshire caseload, must be a Licensed Nurse Aide in the State of NH.
- Flexible, sensitive to the needs of others, able to cope with emergencies.
- Ability to read/write and communicate in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Tact and sensitivity in dealing with emotional or stressful patient situations.