Cook/Dietary Aide (with Cook experience)
- Job ID
- Part Time
Located on 39 beautiful, wooded acres in Haverhill, MA, Merrimack Valley Hospice House provides a comfortable, welcoming home-like alternative for patients in need of specialized end-of-life care. With twenty-one private suites, our goal is to ensure the Hospice House is available to patients and families when time is most precious. One of only two inpatient hospice facilities in Massachusetts licensed to care for children as well as adults, Merrimack Valley Hospice House address these complex medical needs with compassion and dignity. It is a place for patients and families to spend their last days together in peace, comfort and security.
- Handles and prepares food per current standards of Practice and state/federal regulations.
- Prepares Patient meal trays per menu and/or patient request/needs utilizing optimal presentation skills
- Maintains Food Terperatures per state and federal regulations
- Stores leftovers per regulations and procedure
- Cleans and sanitizes Kitchen work areas after meal preparation
- Maintains ServSafe certification
- Notifies Culinary Services manager of equipment failure and other pertinent issues
- Follows Cleaning Schedule
- Demonstrates knowledge of the CQI process
- Demonstrates a knowledge and understanding of what to report to the Supervisor when concerns of corporate compliance arise.
- Ensures compliance within guidlines set forth by regulatory agencies(JACHO, DPH, ERISA, Etc,) and demonstrates compliance with Home Health Foundation Policies and Procedures.
- Minimum 1 year experience preparing food (healthcare facility prefered).
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations in food service environment.
- Knowledge of current dietary standards of practice.
- ServSafe certification or willing to obtain
- Able to read printed words in English.
- Able to communicate effectively in English (verbal and writing).
- Physically capable of performing the job with or without reasonable accommodations.