Hospice Liaison Nurse
- Job ID
- Full Time
Home Health Foundation is seeking a Hospice Liaison, who will work under the direction of the Senior Hospice Care Transition Liaison. The Hospice Liaison Nurse is responsible for patient assessments and admissions to Hospice, ensuring continuity of care between the admitting process and transition to ongoing care by the hospice interdisciplinary team. This is an external facing position working closely with referral sources.
- The palliative care teams identifies, establishes and maintains positive working relationships with all facility contacts.
- Understands and stays current regarding hospice reimbursement options and criteria for services.
- Responsible for hospice in-service education programs as assigned.
- Responsible for family meetings, obtaining consent/election form signatures and gathering medical data for review by Hospice Admission Nurse.
- Seeks opportunities to interface with referring and non-referring health care professionals, patients, families and the community, to market Merrimack Valley Hospice services.
- In collaboration with Hospice Admission Nurse, evaluates patients for potential hospice care needs and determines if hospice benefit status is appropriate, as requested by a hospital, skilled nursing facility, patient, family or physicians.
- Arranges for durable medical equipment, and medical supplies needed to meet patient care needs.
- Completes required paperwork and data entry into electronic medical record by the end of each business day.
Must have a Registered Nurse (RN) license in New Hampshire or Massachusetts or willingness to obtain licensure. Prior home care or hospice experience required.