Registered Nurse, Staff Developer/Project Coordinator
- LAW Staff Education
- Job ID
Are you looking for an interesting and dynamic position in the growing field of home health care?
Under the direction of the Director of Program Development and Staff Competency develops, implements, provides staff education and competency related to assigned projects. Assist Director of Program Development and Staff Competency with initiatives as assigned. Acts as educator to improve and enhance functional capabilities of all licensed and non-licensed personnel and volunteers by the provision of orientation, continuing education and in-service programs. Assumes all responsibilities as nurse planner related to the continuing education process.
- Work cooperatively with all department managers and administration to develop, implement and document orientation of all agency staff.
- Assess individual employee learner needs to allow for flexibility and judgment in the orientation content.
- Assist in the assessment of staff education needs audit, results from clinical record reviews, patient satisfaction surveys, incident reports and external auditors; Quality Assurance and Utilization Review Committee results.
- Provide and/or arrange for In-service Programs to meet staff needs as identified in surveys, needs assessments, strategic plans etc.
- Develop programs in response to identified staff and agency-wide needs.
- Comply with continuing education process rules and regulations as well as develop and present at least two continuing education programs and two conferences per year that contribute financially to the agency.
- Assess training needs based on the needs of staff, referral sources and changes in home care.
- Ensures training of employees.Assist in development and maintenance of formal preceptor program.
- Communicates with appropriate individuals regarding the program, i.e. managers, preceptors, new staff.
- Works collaboratively with College Nursing Programs to assist nursing students with a home care clinical placement and experience.
- Provide and arrange agency orientation for nursing students and works collaboratively with managers to coordinate nursing student placements in the agency.
- Responsible for assigned clinical education/projects including, but not limited to, education for regulatory compliance and system priorities.
- Organizes, facilitates and oversees quarterly education, including annual competencies for assigned job groups.
- RN with minimum 2 years Visiting Nurse experience, licensed in Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
- Experience in leadership position or teaching experience.
- Experience with current technology (ex – Video Taping, Microsoft Computer programs) required.
- BSN required.