20 Things to Know About the COVID-19 Vaccine
The Covid-19 pandemic has been a stressful and often frightening time for many people, including those working on the frontlines. The new COVID-19 vaccine is a much anticipated and exciting next step in our fight against COVID-19. It is natural, as with any new medication or treatment, that people have questions about it. In the age of social media, it is easy for misinformation to spread quickly, and we want you to have your questions answered accurately and honestly. View the common questions about the COVID-19 vaccine and answers from Wellforce’s Infectious Disease experts.
NEW RESOURCE AVAILABLE: Have Questions Multiple Language Flier
More Questions and Answers About the COVID-19 Vaccine
Vaccine Information for Pregnant Women
The resource guides below provide vaccine information for pregnant women or women who are trying to get pregnant. The guides are available in multiple languages.
- English Decision Aid (updated 12/28/20)
- Spanish Decision Aid (updated 12/28/20)
- Nepali Decision Aid (updated 12/28/20)
- Portuguese Decision Aid (updated 12/28/20)
- Arabic Decision Aid (updated 12/28/20)
- Turkish Decision Aid (updated 12/28/20)
- Somali Decision Aid (updated 12/28/20)
- Chinese Decision Aid (updated 12/28/20)
- Vietnamese Decision Aid (updated 12/28/20)
- Russian Decision Aid (updated 12/22/20)
9 Things You Need To Know To Protect Yourself and Family at Home
Your greatest risk of acquiring COVID-19 is in your own home, when someone you live with becomes infected. Read this advice from Tufts Medical Center Infection Preventionist Shira Doron, MD.
Hear from Wellforce employees on why they chose to be vaccinated and what they say to others who are considering it.
- Dr. Rothsovann Yong from Lowell General Hospital, offering her thoughts in Khmer and English
- Dr. Jose A Caro from Tufts Medical Center, offering his thoughts in Spanish and English
- Dr. Suriya Jeyapalan from Tufts Medical Center, offering her thoughts in English
- Dr. Sbardella from MelroseWakefield Healthcare, offering his thoughts in English and Italian.
- Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer Rosa Colon-Kolacko, PhD asking Infectious Diseases specialist Dr. Jose Caro questions about the vaccine. The entire video is conducted in Spanish.
- Stephanie Chan, a board-certified music therapist with Merrimack Valley Hospice, offers her thoughts in Mandarin and English.
- Dr. Jenny Ruan, Tufts Medical Center OB/GYN, shares her experience in Cantonese and English and also speaks about pregnancy and the vaccine in Cantonese and English.
Vaccine Town Halls
If you are a Wellforce employee and missed a Vaccine Town Hall you can watch the recordings to learn more.
General Vaccine Information
- UPDATED DAILY: CDC Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 vaccination
- UPDATED DAILY: Massachusetts COVID-19 Vaccine Information, Mass Department of Public Health