What You Can Expect
This year’s auction will use Online Bidding – allowing for a paperless bidding system. You will bid using your smartphone or tablet on silent auction items. Also, you can easily track Packages by “following” their activity without having to continuously return to a table or bid sheet.
How to Mobile Bid with Online Bidding
- Register your mobile number and credit card information on our registration page in advance of the event or upon arrival.
- When the auction is open, you will receive an automated ‘Welcome’ text with your bidder link.
- After clicking the link in the text, begin searching for packages by name, number, or category
- Select the package you wish to bid on.
- You can Bid the next increment or Bid More than the next increment
- If you choose to Bid More you can choose to set your Max Bid. If your max bid is the highest, the system will automatically bid in your favor until you are outbid or until the silent auction closes. If your bid is lower than the highest max bid on that package, you will be prompted to enter a higher bid.
- To purchase a package at the Buy Now price, select the Buy
- To “watch” a package, select the star icon on the package.
- To make a donation, select the Donation button on your home screen and choose a preset amount or select the Custom Amount button to enter the amount you wish to donate.
- If you’re out-bid at any point before the silent auction closes, you will receive a text message.
- To view packages you are bidding on, click the menu button and select Bids.
- To view packages you are watching, click the menu button and select Favorites.
- Once the auction closes, the guest with the highest bid will win.
- Under the Bids area you can check your winning packages.
Online Bidding FAQ
How can I participate in Online Bidding?
- Please include your mobile phone number while registering for the event.
What are the benefits of Online Bidding?
- Once bidding starts, you will be alerted on your mobile device when you have been outbid, so you can instantly respond with another bid.
- Bidding can occur at any location within the auction itself, whether you are in line for the bar or mingling with friends.
- You do not have to be at the display tables to make a bid.
- All auction bidding will be tracked, displayed and announced in real time throughout the evening.
- At the end of the evening, the check out process will run efficiently because your credit card information will have been entered into our system prior to or at the beginning of the event.
Online Bidding Highlights
- Online Bidding allows for a completely paperless bidding system.
- You are able to use technology you already know ….. your own smartphone or tablet (iPad, Samsung Galaxy, etc).
- It is fun and easy.
- You are notified via text when you are outbid and can rebid immediately from your phone without going back to the auction package on the display table.
- Online bidding eliminates overcrowding and hovering around auction packages and bid sheets.
- Online bidding will make the event run more efficiently from registration to checkout.
Will this work for all mobile devices?
- Yes, you can bid with any mobile device.
- With smartphones and tablets, you can browse, search and bid via a web browser.
- When registering your mobile device, you will be provided a custom URL for bidding purposes.
- With standard mobile phones, you can bid and receive alerts via text messaging.
What about attendees not using mobile devices?
- Volunteers will be available for those that don’t own or don’t wish to use a mobile device.
- Volunteers will be available to assist with questions and bidding.
- If you would like assistance with bidding, or if you have any questions, please email email@example.com.