This is the comment the staff of Merrimack Valley Hospice hear most often from the families of our patients. If you, or your loved one, are faced with a life-limiting illness, find out now how hospice care can help.
Hospice is designed to improve quality of life by providing comfort care, including expert medical care, comprehensive pain and symptom management and emotional and spiritual support. Early referral to hospice allows a relationship to develop between the patient, family and hospice team. The sooner a patient is referred, the more hospice can do to help. Merrimack Valley Hospice can provide:
- Physicians who follow each patient’s care closely and are available for consultation and home visits
- Registered nurses who make regular home visits to provide pain and symptom management
- Social workers who provide emotional support and counseling for the patient and the entire family
- Chaplains who provide non-denominational spiritual support to the patient and family and can act as liaisons with the patient’s religious community
- Home health aides who provide personal care and assistance with activities of daily living such as dressing and bathing
- Volunteers who can provide a variety of important services for the patient and family including companionship and respite
Merrimack Valley Hospice can also provide a variety of alternative therapies such as massage, Reiki and the expressive therapies of art and music.
Hospice care can be provided in the patient’s home, apartment, nursing home, assisted living community, or in the Merrimack Valley Hospice House located in Haverhill, Massachusetts.
You have a choice in hospice providers. Choose the best. Merrimack Valley Hospice is the leader in providing end-of-life care to patients in the Merrimack Valley, Northeastern Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire including the seacoast. For more detailed information, visit Merrimack Valley Hospice on this website. To make a referral, visit the Arrange for Care section of this website. You can even make a secure referral online.
To listen to our radio commercial, click on the icon here.