Qualifying as a Volunteer
All hospice volunteers must:
- Be at least 15 years old.
- Complete an application and interview with the Volunteer Manager.
- Complete 6-week volunteer training and an initial 2-step TB test or provide documentation of TB test or chest x-ray.
- During flu season, documentation of flu vaccine or approved exemption (medical or religious) must be provided.
- Provide references, complete a criminal background check and agree to and sign a Confidentiality Statement.
Volunteers who assist with administrative support and special events must be 15 years or older; full volunteer training and TB tests are not required.